Sunday, January 6, 2008

Let's Dance

I saw Rob Thomas do a version of the David Bowie tune, "Let's Dance," on PBS recently. It was shown as part of his concert at the Red Rocks Amphitheater. It was a pretty credible rendition, in my opinion. I thought it a fitting title for this illustration that was used on my 2007 Christmas card. My intent was to have this image up for the holidays, but work and travel precluded this. So, Obama remained for 2 additional weeks, which turned out very topical with the recent wave he's created.

But back to the image this week, which was prepared months in advance for the express purpose of my card. I thought it captured the celebration and color of the season, and also alludes to the partnership I engage with my clients.

Working with a great art director is a very rewarding symbiotic partnership. When you find yourself in a good professional relationship, it's something that should be celebrated, in my opinion. In this business, markets, situations, budgets, and positions can and do change. When the creative planets align just so, if for one job or many, I think it's important to take a moment and recognize it.

A blast from the past.



detail

No comments: